“Super Normal Design” defines the philosophy and creative art of Naoto Fukasawa. This is reflected in the simple harmonious form and startling simplicity of the KOI family of lights. The elemental design perfectly demonstrates its obvious functionality in flexibility and versatility resulting in a sense of well-being, all of which are of utmost importance in the world of design now and for the future.
Along with its emotional aspects, KOI also sets new standards in office lighting with its use of efficient lighting technology. This is due to modern lighting technology and the light head. The four powerful 42W fluorescent lamps with a total output of 13 000 lumens are so positioned to ensure 20% less light loss compared to conventional office standing lights. KOI reflects up to 70% of light from the ceiling resulting in abundant and fatigue-free lighting. The remaining 30% is directed glare-free onto work surfaces using pyramidal lenses. The rounded form ensures rotational symmetry and equal light distribution over a wide area. Despite the high output, KOI is certified to Minergie standards.
As a suspension, floor, curved or table light, the rounded form of the KOI harmonizes with all room designs. Despite its large body, all KOI versions are floating, vibrant and elegant. In addition to the metalized or white head surface, slim chromed rods for standing or suspension lights are also available. The suspension light can be shortened to any length to fit easily into small alcoves with sloping ceilings. The painted white steel or aluminum base, in the shape of an elegant cross, provides optimum stability and is ideal for any table environment and – with its rounded head – can be placed anywhere. With its many variations, KOI blends perfectly into most office desk systems.
KOI is equipped with the most modern lighting electronics for flicker-free operation, long operational life and constant flux. The on/off versions of standing, curved and table lights can be operated by a foot switch fitted on site. The dimmable version with touch dimmer is operated by a switch on the rod of the standing light and the curved light fitted on site, with the amount of dimming stored by a “double click”. With Multisens, the KOI also saves up to 70% of energy used. The electronics measure the amount of light at the workstation and supplements natural daylight with artificial light. With sufficient daylight or when no-one is working nearby, the light sensor switches off the light after a short interval. The KOI can be equipped with light sources of various color temperatures and it therefore responds to the natural demands of the user and surroundings while the optional cover keeps the light source pure.